ATTENDENCE IN SCHOOL
- Regular attendance in school is a sign of a good student and with a sound family up-bringing.
- The Education Department rules stipulate that for the purpose of promotion, the student must attain a minimum attendance of 75%.
- When a student is absent from school for any reason, the parent should sign the leave record column.
- If a student is absent on medical grounds, the parents should send the Medical Certificate to support the leave note.
- Keeping away from school is considered as an indiscipline behavior on behalf of the student and is liable to dismissal from school.
- Attendance on the first day of both the First and the Second terms is a must. Parents should not make excuses like failure to secure reservations etc to be absent from school. If parents face any genuine difficulties, they should inform the Principal in person either before or on the first day itself.
The Principal’s permission is necessary;
- To make a collection for any purpose whatsoever.
- To arrange a party, picnic or meeting.
- To join in a sport-meet or play a game not arranged by the school.
- To give presents to teachers or to felicitate them on stage at a function.
- To impose fines.